Remote Working Opportunities and Where To Find Them
Remote work is on the rise—and not just in the last year. Sure, the past 365 days brought on a massive surge in the number of remote workers. But believe it or not, the interest in remote work has been trending upwards for almost a decade now. It turns out that 2020 just expedited the inevitable! So if remote work is on your radar for 2021, there are plenty of opportunities for you to go virtual.
There are many great reasons to go remote: your office is wherever you are, which means that you get excellent job flexibility. You choose where you work and how you work! In many positions, you can set your own schedule and choose your own hours. You can spend more time with your family. And let’s face it: some people just feel more comfortable working from home.
What Jobs Can Be Done Remotely?
The list of jobs you can do from home these days is practically endless. Almost anything that a nine-to-five office worker can do in a cubicle, you can reliably do from the comfort of your home as long as you have fast and reliable Internet from Sacred Wind Communications.
Here are just a few:
- Sales. Outbound sales jobs have been around forever, and now is no exception. Sales is a great career path for highly motivated self-starters, and it’s incredibly flexible.
- Customer service. Perfect for problem solvers who enjoy customer-facing (or customer-listening) positions. Plus, these jobs are super simple to set up from home.
- Tutoring/TESL. If you’re in the educational field, tutoring or TESL could be the perfect side-gig for you. TESL, or Teaching English as a Second Language, is a position that’s always in demand. There are so many people—especially from Asia and the Middle East—who want to learn how to speak English that TESL jobs are virtually endless. Typically, the only requirements are a post-secondary degree and having English as your native language!
- Freelance writing. Whether you’re ghostwriting creative prose or writing content for blogs, there is always someone looking for a wordsmith. Most writing job boards are freelance, but if you build the right connections, you might be able to score a position writing recurring content for one employer.
- Web development/graphic design. If you know how to write code, build a website, develop software, or create digital art, you’re pretty much golden. There’s never been a better time to put your tech skills to good use, and the money’s pretty decent, too!
Platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com are jam-packed with freelance opportunities for the tech-savvy self-starter. These include everything from content writing to transcription to audio and video editing. These crowdsourcing sites operate on a job-by-job basis, which means that you must be motivated to scan the boards every day for new work. But if you can handle that, you’re in good shape.
Remote Job Boards
There are a hundred and one sites out there that list remote jobs, so it’s just about finding the one that works for you! Here are a handful of the best sites out there to help you find general work.
If you’re ready to start working remotely, there’s a world of opportunities out there for you to explore, and you can rely on Sacred Wind Communications to keep you connected. Call 877-722-3393 to get connected today!